Tuesday, September 05, 2006

People just get more amazing every single day

There's nothing more surreal than logging on to check your emails, and then reading some other people promoting a cause that you and your mate set up in the hope of raising a bit of money for a charity on a chat list where you haven't even mentioned what you're doing yet...

Ok, there's nothing more surreal as far as I'm concerned, as that's what happened to me yesterday. Word of mouth is an amazing thing, and perhaps, I hope, a little bit of our promotion is maybe starting to work too, with people finding out about us via friends of friends. Nothing keeps me going on this quest more than finding out a complete stranger has donated some money because they think what we're trying to do is worth a little bit of their time and money. I LOVE these people. And I continue to be astounded by the generosity of people we haven't met...(yet!)

The lack of training diary on my part is very much due to the lack of training, and I have no excuse, other than I actually really really REALLY hurt my toe (I know, it's pathetic) about a month ago, and it's still hurting to walk on it, so just getting round the course in one piece is beginning to look more challenging.

Nearly there though - Trudi now has her race pack. Mine is conspicuosly absent. I can't decide if that's a good or bad omen.

If you can get to Doncaster at the weekend, I would highly recommend that you go and see GMT playing at The Woolpack - not only will you get to hear some great music, but I believe the Rob - all-star roadie and good friend-of-badgers will be wearing a particularly fetching and fashionable item of clothing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home