Monday, September 15, 2008

Training

It's now less than three weeks to go and that includes a holiday during which I need to somehow include exercise as well as moderate food and alcohol intake. Gulp !

Training - I have done some, honest. In fact I was in a pretty good routine before I signed up for the GNR which was probably part of the reason it seemed such a good idea. I was using a cross trainer and weights most days and the thought of taking part in a half marathon in six months time didn't seem a big deal. The key to training like that though is having a good routine and it wasn't long before mine was well and truly disrupted by work and various other interruptions. Even now with the added motivation that the run is just a few weeks away it's difficult to fit training into my day. There's absolutely no way I'm able to go for a 'run' after a 12 hour shift so I've been getting up at 3.30am some days to fit it in before work.

I've also been reading the mail from the GNR. I love the way they point out how far we should now be able to run comfortably in order to be able to complete the course. I'm sure that kind of motivation works well for the serious runners but it's not helping me with my confidence. On a more amusing note one of the other handy tips is that we should now be running in whatever clothing we are planning on wearing on the day. I have a bizarre vision of random pantomime horses, darleks and various other fancy dress folk training in full costume. I'm rather glad there's no badger fur or silly hats this time ! My madasbadgers T Shirt did arrive in the post today though so maybe I'll train in it tomorrow. I have also taken to trying to tie my hair back when I run in the vain effort to keep it out of my face, it's not really working very well though and I may yet resort to shaving it off before the big day !

There's still time to sponsor us, you know what to do !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home